- March 2023, Organizing Committee member at the 11th AAAI Conference on Human Computation and Crowdsourcing (HCOMP 2023)
- 4 January 2023, Invited Program Committee member at the ACM's Web Conference 2023, Crowdsourcing and Human Computation Track
Thursday 28 September 2022, 13:30h, Atlas, 0.710, Tahir Abbas, my fourth PhD student defends his thesis:
Affective Real-Time Crowd-Powered Conversational Systems
Tuesday 21 June 2022, 13:30h, Atlas, 0.710, Nikolaos Batalas, my third PhD student defends his thesis:
Representation and Execution of Ambulatory Assessment Protocols in Software
- April 2022 - Setting up a new lab in collaboration with RIT for digital innovation.
- April 2022 - Frontiers in Artificial Intelligence special issue editor, topic: Next-generation platform labor: algorithmic, societal, legal and ethical directions
- April 2022 - Case Study at CHI2022, titled: A B2C Bias for the B2B World: A Case Study of Employees' and Customers' UX of a B2B e-commerce Site.
- September 2021 - Got EU funding: investigating Edge AI for a paper mill.
- Joined editorial board of the Behaviour & Information Technology journal.
- 12 November 2019, Join my workshop: How Social is Your Platform? at Dubai Design Week 2019.
New book is out:
- Organized tutorial in Orlando, Florida: Learn about Crowdsourcing by Evaluating Crowdsourcing Platforms at HCI International 2019 (with Dr. Konstantinos Papangelis)
Monday 24 June 2019, 13:30h, Auditorium, Collegezaal 4, Carlos Pereira Santos, my second PhD student defends his thesis:
- Mar 2019, Program Committee member for CSCW 2019
- Feb 2019, Program Committee member for CoG-19
- Oct 2018, Program committee member for workshops and symposia at CHI 2019
- Nov 2019, PhD Forum co-chair for the 2019 European Conference on Ambient Intelligence
- Dec 2018, Presention at University of Hamburg the Language Technology group of prof. Biemann on crowdsourcing creative IoT scenarios
- Oct 2018, Call for chapters on an edited book titled: Macrotask Crowdsourcing: Engaging the Crowds to Address Complex Problems. More info at: http://khan.gr/macrotask.
- Jun 2018, Presenting at ACM EICS 2018
- May 2018, PC Member HCOMP2018 -WIP
- Dec 2017, Co-organizing ACM SIGCHI Sponsored summer school: Next-generation location-based technologies: from urban crowdsourcing to the physical web.
- Jul 2017, Co-organizing ACM SIGCHI Sponsored summer school on Crowdsourcing with Dr. Konstantinos Papangelis. (List of ACM summer schools in 2017)
- Mar 2017, IUI 2017 long paper: Measuring Self-Esteem with Games
- Oct 2016, Organizing tutorial at this year's CTS in Orlando, FL
- 25 Nov 2016, CrowdsourcingWeek, Brussels
- 12 Sep 2016, Arief Ernst Hühn, my first PhD student, PhD defence
- Jul 2016, Got my first NWO grant
- Jun 2016, TVX2016 paper
- May 2016, Presenting at WebSci2016 Workshop
- May 2016, Presenting 1 late-breaking work and 3 workshop papers at CHI2016<
- Mar 2016, Presenting at IUI2016 our paper: Inferring A Player's Need For Cognition From Hints
- Feb 2016, AC for CHI2016 Late-Breaking Work
- Aug 2015, Join my tutorial in LA Crowdsourcing user & design research at HCI International 2015
- Feb 2015, posters & demos co-chair at the European Conference on Ambient Intelligence 2015
- Aug 2014, Program Committee member of AmI14 European Conference on Ambient Intelligence
- Jun 2014, Join my tutorial in beautiful Crete: Harvesting crowdsourcing for user & design research at HCI International 2014
- Jun 2014, Board Member of 3rd International Conference on Distributed, Ambient and Pervasive Interactions
- Jan 2014, Νέο blog-post: Είσαι απόφοιτος ΤΕΙ και ψάχνεις έξοδο από την κρίση και συγκεγκριμενα στην Ολλανδία; Έλα να σπουδάσεις για μάστερ τίτλο στο Πανεπιστήμιο της Μπρέντα: Master of Media Innovation.
- Jan 2014, Speaking at Fontys' VR symposium. Join for a great symposium on a variety of Virtual Reality topics.
- Oct 2013, Board Member of 2nd International Conference on Distributed, Ambient and Pervasive Interactions
- 2 Oct 2013, Check out my report on a review of academic papers including some commercial efforts in utilizing Virtual Supermarkets for user research
- 10 May 2013, Blog entry on reflection of CHI2013
- 9 May 2013, Series of videos on how to develop mobile apps with DW, JQM and PhoneGap, created for ADE course: PR8
- 1 May 2013, Poster presentation at CHI2013
- 28 Dec 2012, Presentation at IEEE 4th International Conference on Intelligent Human Computer Interaction, Kharagpur, India
- 23 Nov 2012, Session chair at 3rd International Conference on Advances in Information and Communication Technologies - ICT 2012 in Amsterdam
- 2 Oct 2012, First app published on Apple's AppStore
- 27 Sep 2012, Jury member of the Gerrit van der Veer prijs 2012
- 7 Sep 2012, Guest editor for a special issue of IJMHCI titled: "The Use of Virtual Environments for Evaluating Mobile Apps/Systems"
- Jun 2012, Program Committee member of AmI12 International Joint Conference on Ambient Intelligence
- 6 May 2012, Short article on jQuery Mobile (jQM) grid with images and captions
- 29 Mar 2012, Talk at POPAI Jaarcongres2012 in Ede
- 15 Feb 2012, Guest talk of Dr. Andres Lucero (Nokia Research Center, Tampere) at our Masters program
- 7 Feb 2012, Guest talk of Dr. Dzmitry Aliakseyeu (Philips Research, Eindhoven) at our Masters program
- Jan, 2012 CHI2012 full paper titled: "on the use of VE for the evaluation of location-based applications" accepted for publication! (1577 submissions, 23% acceptance)
- 18-21 Sep 2011, Planned to present our latest research results at: ESOMAR – Congress 2011.
- 8 Aug 2011, check out my talk at Chi-Sparks 2011: The Effect of Location on Perceived Intrusiveness of Mobile Ads
- 24-25 Jun 2011, Our paper on the effect of perceived intrusiveness of mobile ads received a best paper nomination at ICORIA 2011.
- 23 Jun 2011, will be presenting at conference: Chi Sparks 2011 in Arnhem, the Netherlands, our conference paper: ‘The Effect of Location on Perceived Intrusiveness of Mobile Ads’.
- 14 Jun 2011, will be presenting at workshop: Putting Mobile Services into Context in Warsaw Poland at the Future Network & Mobile Summit 2011. The title of my talk is:Evaluating user experience of mobile context-aware applications in augmented virtuality.
From Social Media